Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Luscious Cream Puffs


The name says it all—LUSCIOUS! These are a hit 100% of the time. Someone always asks for the recipe. They are easy and melt in your mouth. They disappear very quickly. They are great because you can make them ahead of time for an event too. I tried making them with different flavors of JELL-O but after I tasted the DIVINE white chocolate I refused to use anything else.



Prep Time:

15 min

Total Time:

45 min

Makes:

12 servings (2 per person)


Ingredients:

1 sheet frozen puff pastry (1/2 of 17.3-oz. pkg), thawed

1 pkg (4 serving size) JELL-O White Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding

1 cup cold milk

1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

1 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted


Directions:


THAW pastry on baking sheet for about half the time called for on the box, 20 minutes, otherwise it sticks together and is hard to unfold.


UNFOLD pastry and cut into 2-inch circles. (A shot glass works perfectly or a small cookie cutter.) Place about 1 inch apart. It makes 25 bite-size cream puffs.


HEAT oven to 400ºF. Bake 10 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

BEAT pudding mix and milk with whisk 2 min. Stir in COOL WHIP. Refrigerate 15 min. while pastry is cooling.

CUT pastry circles horizontally in half; fill with pudding mixture. Drizzle with melted chocolate.

Gina's Tips

The original recipe directions are to cut the pastry into 3-inch circles which I don't like because they are messy, make less servings, and I prefer to eat them in one bite. It also lists Vanilla flavored pudding. You can substitute whatever flavor you like. I thought the Cheesecake flavor was good too.

1 comment:

  1. I've made these dozens of times for receptions/showers/luncheons. I ALWAYS use lemon instant pudding and heavy cream instead of milk. They are WONDERFUL!!! If you cut the sheets of puff pastry into thirds (along the fold lines, then cut each sheet width-wise into 6ths, they make perfect little napoleans. Always do the drizzle of chocolate whether your filling is lemon, or chocolate!

    ReplyDelete