Monday, September 27, 2010

Gordon Ramsay Burgers


For a while I was addicted to watching "Kitchen Nightmares" on Hulu.com. Chef Gordon Ramsay is amazing. The man can cook. (He also does the show "Hell's Kitchen.") I checked out some of his books from the library too. I'll have to get them again as the weather is cooling off. Some of my friends were surprised how much I like him because he's famous for being such a hot-head going off the handle and swearing. That doesn't mean he can't cook. His rage becomes passion baby. He even has a book titled "The F Word." There are a lot of "beep" censor sounds on his shows. It's strange because when he's sincere on his "Kitchen Nightmares" show he can be uplifting and he changes families' lives. I've seen be a decent gentleman on talk shows too. Anyway, after I watched the episode with Lela's Restaurant I immediately went out to buy the ingredients to make the burgers he whipped up on the show. They are mmm…juicy.

Prep Time
5 mins

Total Time
11 mins (3 mins per burger each side)

Makes
4 Burgers

Ingredients:

1 lb Ground Beef
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
1 ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
Worcestershire Sauce (several splashes)
1 Egg
3 TBSP Ketchup
¼ cup Red Onion (enough to equally distribute in the ground beef)
Bread Crumbs (sprinkle a few times to help hold hamburger shape)

Directions:

HEAT grill to medium heat. This works best for cooking hamburgers as it allows for nice grill marks and color, but provides enough time to cook the inside without drying it out.

GRILL hamburger patties and resist the urge to press them with a spatula or move them around too much; either of these practices will dry out the burgers and can also cause hamburgers to crumble.

FLIP patties over after 3 minutes and allow them to cook for 3 more minutes. You may need to flip once or twice more depending on the heat of your grill.

Gina's Tips:

I cook these burgers on my cast iron grill skillet on the stove. The recipe asks for "2 egg yolks" but I use 1 whole egg. Also I have made this recipe with without onions, and the rest of the ingredients I added without measuring and it still tastes great. We usually have potato wedges with them. I made them with hamburger buns from Fry's Deli section. There are 8 fresh buns for $1.50. I just said fresh buns. Ha.

From website http://gordonramsaysrecipes.com/03/lelas-famous-burgers/

Another burger recipe: http://go-bite-me.blogspot.com/2009/08/garlic-ranch-turkey-burgers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment