Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tex-Mex Chicken


Prep Time: 15 min

Total Time: 6 hr 15 min

Makes: 4 servings


Ingredients:


1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 pkg (1.25 oz) Taco Seasoning Mix

2 TBSP flour

1 each green and red pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips

1 cup frozen corn

1-1/2 cups Thick 'N Chunky Salsa

1 cup Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese


After cooking in crock pot:
1 cup rice (cooked)
Cilantro
Green onions (sliced)
Sour cream
Guacamole

Directions:

TOSS chicken with taco seasoning and flour in slow cooker. Stir in vegetables and salsa; cover with lid.

COOK on LOW 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours).

SERVE over rice and top with shredded cheese, sliced green onions, cilantro, sour cream, and guacamole.

Gina's Tips: I used 4 chicken breasts and I put cilantro into the crock pot as well. This recipe is similar to a Mexicali steak I make in the crock pot, maybe I'll find that one and post it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment