
Saturday night I made rotisserie chicken and my good friend, Jaylee, brought twice-baked potatoes to go with it because she loves me. I also made homemade bread. Then for dessert I made Oreo truffles. It's so nice to have my passion for food back. This night tasted soooooo good.

I forgot to take a picture so I found one that closely resembled the look of mine.

This picture cracked me up because it looks like my dinner is going to walk away.
prep: 10 mins
cook time:1-1/2 hrs
Ingredients:
4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 onions, quartered
2 (4 pound) whole chickens
Directions:
MIX in a small bowl: salt, paprika, onion powder, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, and garlic powder.
REMOVE and discard giblets from chicken. Rinse chicken cavity, and pat dry with paper towel. Rub each chicken inside and out with spice mixture. Place 1 onion into the cavity of each chicken. Place chickens in a resealable bag or double wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 to 6 hours.
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
PLACE chickens in oven browning bag in a roasting pan. Bake for about 1-1/2 hours, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F.
Gina's Tips: I used half of an onion and split it between the two chickens. I used a large size (up to 8 lbs) oven bag for quicker cooking and it keeps the juices better. If you don't have an oven bag you can bake the rotisserie chicken uncovered for about 5 hours at 250 degrees F. This recipe is low hassle because you can prepare the chicken in the morning with the spices and everything and keep it refrigerated until you're ready to bake it in the oven. That's exactly what I did so dinner time it was easy.

No comments:
Post a Comment