
I made this for a Jubilee reunion I just went to and received several compliments on it. I think it's a gorgeous holiday dessert; since the holidays are sneaking up on us I thought I would post it. The next time I make it I would like to try topping it with caramel. Mmm…cheesecake.
Prep Time:
15 min
Total Time:
5 hr
Makes:
16 servings
Ingredients:
1 cup crushed NABISCO Ginger Snaps
3 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar, divided
2 pkg (8 oz each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 cup apple pie filling, divided
1/2 cup pecan pieces, divided
1/2 cup toffee bits, divided
Directions:
HEAT oven to 325°F. Mix crumbs, butter and 2 Tbsp. sugar; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate.
BEAT cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each. Stir in 1/2 each pie filling, nuts and toffee. Pour into crust.
BAKE 35 min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours. Top with remaining pie filling, nuts and toffee just before serving.
Gina's Tips
This recipe makes two cheesecakes-6 oz store bought crust each or double ginger snaps, butter and 2 tbsp sugar for homemade crusts.
The original recipe calls for walnut pieces but I prefer either pecans or hazelnuts.
Try using chocolate-covered toffee bits or top with caramel instead of pie filling.

No comments:
Post a Comment