Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hash Brown Potato Casserole


My flash on the camera wasn't working so the picture is a little dark.

Ingredients:


1 (30 oz) pkg frozen shredded hash browns, thawed

1 can cream of chicken soup (undiluted)

8 oz sour cream

12 oz shredded cheese

1 tsp salt

½ chopped small onion

2 cups crushed corn flakes

½ cup melted butter


Directions:


PLACE thawed potatoes into 9x13 inch baking dish.


MIX soup, sour cream, cheese, salt and onion together; pour over potatoes. Top with crushed corn flakes and drizzle melted butter all over.


BAKE uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Come now, call these what they really are..."funeral potatoes"! I'm glad to have the recipe though, I usually just make it up and they always taste different. I use real potatoes and my nephew requests them for Thanksgiving and renamed them "yum yum potatoes". They are, however, what you take to LDS funerals when they request a potato side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew someone would mention that morbid detail so I left it out. Maybe I should've said "People are dying to eat it." Hey, H started it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I tried to post a comment...and I am having problems...so hopefully this comes through.

    We made this to accompany the Ritz Chicken. I made a mistake, and added 8 oz of cream cheese instead of 12oz of shredded cheese ( I swear I saw cream cheese!! I think it is cause you have so many yummy recipes on here that call for it!) Anyhow...I didn't realize my mistake until I was about to put it in the oven. Surprisingly it still tasted good, but probably is alot more fattening.

    ReplyDelete