Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ritz Chicken


My kids refer to this dish as "Crunchy Chicken." They love it every time. I got addicted to this chicken from my good friend Di. We like having Hash Brown Potato Casserole as a side dish with it. It's a complete crunchy meal.


Ingredients:


6 Chicken Breast Cutlets

1 Small Plain Yogurt

Crushed Ritz Crackers (3 per chicken breast cutlet)

4 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, shredded

Season Salt to taste

Butter


MIX crackers, parmesan cheese and season salt to taste—cracker mixture—and place in shallow dish.


PLACE yogurt in shallow dish (separate dish from the cracker mixture).


COAT each piece of chicken in plain yogurt and then in cracker mixture. Place coated chicken on a baking sheet or in a baking dish. Drizzle butter on top.


BAKE at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes depending on thickness of chicken used.


Gina's Tips


Choose how much chicken your family will eat and use about 3 crackers per chicken breast cutlet or more for larger chicken breast.

I crush the crackers in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin.

Use the shredded Parmesan cheese rather than the canned grated. I don't measure this out; I just add it until I think there's enough for my liking.

I have only found the big 32 oz plain yogurt at Fry's so I usually make more chicken the next day or use another recipe that uses plain yogurt.

4 comments:

  1. Di must be related to Kaylynn somehow. I got this recipe from her a few years ago. Thanks for the reminder! You can use sour cream instead of the yogurt if you want more fat or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used sour cream before when I didn't have the yogurt and I did not care for how sour the chicken tasted afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this for dinner tonight...it was yummy! The only problem I had is that the chicken totally stuck to the pan. I had lined a baking sheet with foil, and didn't think to spray it with PAM. Do you normally 'grease' whatever dish you put the chicken in? Other than that it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I usually grease the pan with butter.

    ReplyDelete