Thursday, March 25, 2010

Grilled Chicken Alfredo Fettuccine

I feel like I'm eating at the Olive Garden whenever I make this dish, especially when I made it like their Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo. I'm a food genius.

Ingredients:

6 chicken breast cutlets, grilled
¼ cup butter
2 cups heavy cream
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
16 oz fettuccine or linguine pasta

Directions:

COOK pasta as directed on package.

HEAT grill skillet with 1-2 Tbsp olive oil on high setting to sear chicken.

GRILL chicken and add garlic pepper spice (optional).

COMBINE butter, cream, salt, and pepper in a skillet. Bring to a boil then simmer for 4 minutes.
STIR in Parmesan cheese and add chicken, cut into strips or cubes.

SERVE sauce over pasta.

Alternative Method

I adapted the recipe by cutting beef tenderloin into medallions and searing them in a skillet for about 45 seconds on each side then cooking them for 2-3 minutes. I added Gorgonzola cheese to the Alfredo sauce then I served the medallions over the sauce and pasta—Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo. YUM! I had a scrumptious picture but it accidentally got erased. Next time I make it I'll post it.

Gina's Tips

I only cook as much pasta as we need for our family rather than the full package. I cook the chicken in a cast iron grill skillet; it cooks quickly. You can leave the chicken whole when you serve it. I like to have it cut into strips or cubes and then mixed into the sauce.

1 comment:

  1. Gina!! You are a kitchen goddess!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing your recipes, the Food Network has nothing on you, it's DELICIOUS, and it's going into our meal rotation permanently I'm soooo excited to make it again!

    ReplyDelete