Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Big Fat Greek Salad


My friend Becky had me over for lunch a while back and she made this Greek salad that tasted so good. I made it for my family and we ate it as a main dish but you can also have it as a side dish. The kids didn't care for the Greek taste but Steve and I love it.

Ingredients:

2 cups medium pasta shells, cooked
½ cup celery, chopped
½ cup Kalamata olives
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup Greek dressing
½ cup mayonnaise
1 ½ tsp oregano
¾ tsp black pepper
1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup Grape or Cherry tomatoes

Directions:


MIX pasta shells, celery, olives, and Parmesan cheese in bowl


MIX Greek dressing, mayonnaise, oregano, and black pepper in another bowl

TOSS pasta mixture with dressing mixture

CHILL 1-2 hours


STIR in Feta cheese and tomatoes and serve


Gina's Tips


I like to cut the small tomatoes in half or even quarters. I also cut the olives in half so their strong flavor isn't too overwhelming and they spread further. If I don't have celery on hand I use cucumbers.

3 comments:

  1. I ran out of pasta shells so I used elbow macaroni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Greek says that anything with feta cheese and/or kalamata olives is delish. OPA!
    Did you take this to Crystal's craft night? There was something very close to it if it wasn't yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that was mine. I made this salad and took it to Crystal's. Everyone was asking me about it. Crystal said she would link my food blog to her craft blog. I'm glad it was a hit.

    ReplyDelete