
Since it's been hot outside I thought I would post a "cool" Layered Summer Salad. It's great for special occasions or family get-togethers. My mother-in-law makes it and I always look forward to eating it. It's pretty and delicious.
Prep Time:
30 min
Total Time:
5 hr 30 min
Makes:
12 servings, 1 cup each
Ingredients:
30 min
Total Time:
5 hr 30 min
Makes:
12 servings, 1 cup each
Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 small red onion, sliced, separated into rings
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen green peas, cooked, cooled
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
Directions:
MIX mayo, sour cream and basil. Spread over salad, completely covering top of salad. (I use ranch dressing in place of this mixture.)
TOP with remaining cheese and bacon. Refrigerate 5 hours.
Gina’s Tips
Substitute chopped green onions for red onions and sprinkle on top.
Boiled and chopped eggs can be a layer also.
For a dramatic presentation, serve this salad in a clear glass bowl.
Boiled and chopped eggs can be a layer also.
For a dramatic presentation, serve this salad in a clear glass bowl.

No comments:
Post a Comment