Thursday, July 16, 2009

Star Spaghetti & Lasagne

I will start with the "Star" of the show, my mom! Here are her recipes for SPAGHETTI & LASAGNE. She made the lasagne every school year with our teachers over as guests. We looked forward to it every time. My sisters and I have made some small changes to it but overall it is still her recipe.
Star Spaghetti
Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped onion (or 2 tbsp dried diced onion)
4 oz fresh button or white mushrooms 
3/4 bulb of garlic (or 1 tbsp dried garlic powder)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 can diced tomatoes
1- 8 oz can tomato sauce
1- 6 oz can tomato paste
1 cup water
1 tsp dry basil
2 tbsp minced dry parsley
2 tsp salt
2 pinches dried oregano
2 pinches sugar
1 pound ground turkey
mozzarella cheese, shredded

Directions:
I put the first 3 ingredients into the pot and saute them then add the rest. You can cook the turkey with all of the tomato ingredients and water if you prefer. Then I just add all of the seasonings and it's usually done in 20 minutes or as soon as the turkey is all cooked. It's super easy and fast.

Star Lasagne

Directions:
I put a layer of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a sprayed or greased pan. Then on top of the sauce I put a few dollops of cottage cheese. On top of that I sprinkle on shredded mozzarella. Then comes the parmesan cheese. Then you place the noodles on top of that. I have been using the no-boil noodles and they are really good and make everything so much simpler. Then you just keep repeating this process 2 to 4 times depending on how deep your dish is. I then cover it with aluminum foil and cook it for 35 minutes on 375. Then I take off the foil and bake it for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the noodles feel cooked through.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the basics Gina! This morning I found some Italian sausage, green peppers, and mushrooms in my fridge and wanted to make spaghetti sauce. I always mess up the ratio of tomato sauce, paste and diced babies, so I thought I'd look up a recipe. Instead of searching forever on allrecipes for a recipe from someone I didn't know, I remembered you and your mom. Well done. It came out great and it simmered in the crock pot all afternoon. Yummalicious!

    ReplyDelete