
Also known as Molten Lava Cakes. Every time I make this dessert someone wants the recipe. The cool part is you can make extra and freeze them for another time, another occasion.
Prep Time:
15 min
Total Time:
30 min
Makes:
8 servings, one half molten cake each
Ingredients:
4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
6 Tbsp. flour
1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
Prep Time:
15 min
Total Time:
30 min
Makes:
8 servings, one half molten cake each
Ingredients:
4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
6 Tbsp. flour
1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Butter four 3/4-cup custard cups or soufflé dishes. Place on baking sheet.
MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar until well blended. Blend in eggs and egg yolks with wire whisk. Stir in flour. Divide batter among prepared custard cups.
BAKE 13 to 14 min. or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 min. Carefully run small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert dishes. Serve immediately, topped with whipped topping.
An alternative...How to Bake Cakes in Muffin Cups
Prepare batter as directed; pour evenly among ten paper-lined medium muffin cups. Bake at 425ºF for 10 min. or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 min. Makes 10 servings.
Make Ahead
Batter can be made a day ahead. Prepare batter as directed; pour into prepared custard cups. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before baking as directed.
Gina's Tips
I top it with vanilla ice cream and sometimes chocolate hard shell on top of that.
Prepare batter as directed; pour evenly among ten paper-lined medium muffin cups. Bake at 425ºF for 10 min. or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 min. Makes 10 servings.
Make Ahead
Batter can be made a day ahead. Prepare batter as directed; pour into prepared custard cups. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before baking as directed.
Gina's Tips
I top it with vanilla ice cream and sometimes chocolate hard shell on top of that.

OOh, thanks for sharing this recipe. I love these yummy gooey chocolately cakes!
ReplyDeleteGina, is it okay with if I forward your blog address on to 2 friends? I think they would love your recipes. Let me know.
YAY!!!! Thank you!!!!
ReplyDeleteFINALLY! I was over your home for VT dinner about 2 years ago. You said you'd give me this recipie but you never did. So I am SO SO SO happy that you posted this. GRACIAS!
ReplyDeleteI have to post this email that Edna sent me in regards to this dessert. I was surprised she remembered eating it at my house and here was her response: "How can I ever forget when it was something so mouth watering delicious! I figured that it was just a secret recipe that you didn't want to share. I am not a fan of chocolate but that crap was dang good!"
ReplyDelete