Monday, August 3, 2009

Angel Lush—Any Way You Want It


This is a great dessert for the summertime especially when strawberries go on sale. Each variation looks awesome and complicated and the best part is it's not. You can even have your kids make their own.

Prep Time:
15 min
Total Time:
1 hr 15 min
Makes:
10 to 12 servings

Ingredients:

1 can (20 oz.) DOLE Crushed Pineapple in Juice, undrained
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1 pkg. (10 oz.) round angel food cake or 2 pkg. (5 oz. each) dessert shells (12 shells)
2 cups mixed fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)

Directions:

FOR THE FILLING:
MIX pineapple and dry pudding mix. Stir in COOL WHIP.

NOW, YOU CHOOSE!
PARFAITS: Cube cake. Layer in 12 parfait glasses alternately with filling and berries. Makes 12 servings.

CAKE: Cut cake into 3 layers. Stack on plate, spreading filling between layers and on top of cake. Top with berries. Makes 10 servings.

INDIVIDUALS: Spoon filling into dessert shells; top with berries. Makes 12 servings.

5 comments:

  1. I better start having FHE so I can try out all these new dessert recipes you keep posting. That's for the spiritual boost! (Didn't know food could do that, did ya?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when are you going to invite me over and serve me this dessert? Let me know when and I'll rearrange my schedule. It sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eat your heart out Crystal! We had this dessert and you could have stayed...but no, you had family birthday to go to.

    And alas Gina, you have resurrected FHE. I wanted to make this yummy dish and the girls were watching a church video. After dinner we all helped assemble the ingredients and made our own serving while discussing how faith is like a seed that grows in our hearts. It was quite nice and we actually hit something that Kyra needed to discuss about her friends saying mean things and what she should do about it. Awesome. It was Sunday night, but heck, ya gotta start somewhere, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? I missed a dessert? What's all this about? Oh well, Gina's going to serve it tomorrow after my mom and I go to the temple so now you can eat your heart out because I don't even have to make it. hee hee! I'll let you know how yummy it is after.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was also a fabulous dessert. I loved it!!! I'm going to make it soon for my family for FHE too so Jared can try it. Maybe next week. It was very light, fluffy and not overly sweet. I would take this anyday over a birthday cake. I like my cake without frosting, so cool whip and pudding is perfect and then pinapple and berries but just make it ever more perfect. thanks for sharing it with me Gina.

    ReplyDelete