Saturday, August 15, 2009

Easy Baked Manicotti


When I first saw this recipe it looked complicated and I hesitated to try it but after I made it I realized it really wasn’t. I love the use of the resealable bag to fill the manicotti shells. I’ve tried several different spaghetti sauces but I wonder if marinara sauce would be the best.

Prep Time:
25 min
Total Time:
1 hr 5 min
Makes:
6 servings

Ingredients:

2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
1-3/4 cups Ricotta Cheese
1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup basil pesto
12 manicotti shells, cooked, rinsed in cold water

Directions:

HEAT oven to 350°F. Spread 3/4 cup sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish; set aside. Mix cheeses, egg and pesto; spoon into large resealable plastic bag. Seal bag. Use scissors to cut off one corner from bottom of bag.

SQUEEZE cheese mixture from bag into both ends of shells; place over sauce in dish. Top with remaining sauce; cover with foil.

BAKE 40 min. or until heated through.

Gina’s Tips

I actually use all 14 manicotti shells that come in the package, they're just a little less stuffed. After covering the manicotti with the sauce I also sprinkle mozzarella cheese over that. You can never have too much cheese.

1 comment:

  1. This was a delicious recipe but I prefer to add meat to my manicotti (I think that makes it a dish with a different name, canelloni I think?). Anyway, I enjoyed this dish and so did Ethan. Very delicious.

    ReplyDelete