
I saw this on a random blog; it's a recipe from the Food Network. We had it for dinner tonight and everyone had compliments. While I was cooking it Joran kept coming into the kitchen saying "that smells so good." While we were eating it Logan said "I love it." It was really easy to make and it was definitely tasty.
Cook Time:
16 minutes
Ingredients:
1 pound pork tenderloin
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
salt and pepper
3 medium garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup beef broth
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
steamed rice, cooked, for serving
Directions:
TRIM excess fat and silverskin from tenderloin. Cut into 1-inch pieces, pat with paper towels, rub with some sesame oil, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
HEAT a medium skillet on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon sesame oil. When oil shimmers, add pork and cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
REMOVE pork to a plate, return skillet to stove, and add garlic. When garlic is fragrant, add broth and hoisin, stir to combine, and cook until sauce is reduced slightly, about 4 minutes.
RETURN pork to pot, turn to coat in sauce, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions and serve over rice.
Gina's Tips
The original recipe asks for ¼ cup dry Sherry so I substituted it with beef broth. I cut up the pork tenderloin hours ahead of time and just put the tablespoon of sesame oil into a container with the pork instead of rubbing it on. I also sprinkled the salt and pepper on it and left it in the refrigerator. It was a lot less work and then I just threw it into the skillet at dinnertime. I only had 1 garlic clove and it tasted fine. Also I don't know if there is such a thing as toasted sesame oil; I used the regular one. You can substitue any sauce of your choice for the hoisin, for instance black bean and garlic sauce. Broccoli, green beans or any Asian vegetable mix can be a side dish.

I made this again today for lunch because I had leftover tenderloins. I added honey to the sauce to sweeten it because that's Steve's preference. I also made potstickers to go with it. Yum!
ReplyDeleteA-ha, something to do with my Hoisin sauce!
ReplyDelete